Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Running to Your Arms

Somehow, I think I was given a rare opportunity to see something perhaps how God would view something. I know you must be thinking that I am just a bit crazy, but hear me out and then make your decision about what I am saying. 

Recently one of the girls at the orphanage discovered the song Forever Reign on my iPhone. She listened to it on repeat for as long as she could while I was out there visiting. The lyrics of the chorus began to get stuck in my head, and I could almost hear them in my sleep. 
"And oh I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms. 
The riches of your love will always be enough, 
Nothing compares to your embrace, 
Light of the World forever reign."
I love this song and probably love it even more now that I am seeing it through this new view. 

Yesterday afternoon, at the orphanage, one of the girls waved exuberantly from the window of the bus. She had a huge smile on her face, and you could tell she couldn't wait to get off of the bus. She is one of the new girls at the orphanage, and let me tell you she is just precious. I was standing by the bus door with Jim greeting the kids as they got off, and when it was her turn to finally get off the bus she came running out the door and into my arms ready for a tight hug and a quick greeting. She has one of the most beautiful smiles, I mean really, really beautiful. It is the kind of a smile that would melt the iciest of hearts. She repeated the smiling, running, and hugging gesture several times throughout the time we were there. Every time it was with the same exuberance of joy! In the middle of all of this, I hear a voice whispering to my heart, "Melody, this is what it looks like every time you turn to Me. Every time you pray, praise, sing, worship, this is how it is." WHOA! 

Can you just picture this with me? Every time we call on the Lord, it is like we are running into His arms once again. I imagine it to be even more joyful the first time that we truly run into His arms at the time of our salvation, but oh my what a picture this is, being warmly received into the arms of a loving Savior each and every time we call on Him. I am so thankful for the experiences I have had while being here in Kenya since the 30th of June. (Wow I can't believe it has been that long already. It seems like I just got here a day or two ago...) Getting to see this picture of how God sees us when we run to Him was just an amazing experience that I feel certain isn't really being adequately retold with just my words, but it's the best I've got at this point. I hope that perhaps today you will choose to run into His arms and experience the joy and love and peace that only comes from being in His presence. Enjoy your day and make the most of the experiences you have where you are with what you have doing what you can.

Until next time,
Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment